14. Inquiry by Registrar
(1) On receipt of a complaint under regulation 12(1) or (2) the Registrar is to ¾
(a) give a copy of the complaint to the industrial agent who is the subject of the complaint;
(b) give the industrial agent notice of the time and manner in which the agent may respond to the complaint; and
(c) conduct an inquiry into the complaint.
(2) A response to a notice under subregulation (1)(b) is to be verified by statutory declaration.
(3) In conducting an inquiry the Registrar may request any person to disclose information that the Registrar believes may be relevant to the inquiry.
(4) After holding an inquiry in relation to a complaint under regulation 12(1), and having had due regard to any response to the notice under subregulation (1)(b), the Registrar is to ¾
(a) make a determination as to the complaint; and
(b) notify the complainant and the industrial agent of the Registrar's determination and the reasons for the determination.
(5) Matters that come to the knowledge of the Registrar in the course of conducting an inquiry are confidential and the Registrar must not communicate such matters to any person, except as may be required under or in connection with these regulations or any other written law.